A whole lot of new words have just made their way into the latest addition of the UK dictionary. After having a read through some of the words, there’s a few that would be hard to live without as well as a couple that I’d never heard of. Here’s eight words that could help next time you’re writing a tweet as well as a few Tweet2eat couldn’t live without and a new one we’d like to see enter the dictionary.
1. Twittersphere - same as the Twitterverse
2. Twitterer - a person who posts messages on the Twitter website
3. Hangry – irritable as a result of feeling hungry.
4. Squadoosh – nothing.
5. Superfood – a food that is considered especially nutritious or otherwise beneficial to health
6. Tweetup - a meeting at which poeple who communicate with each other via the social networking site Twitter meet face to face
7. Totes - totally; completely; entirely
Is there a word you use regularly that you feel should be a added to the Collins Dictionary? Now’s your opportunity. You can submit any word you believe should be added to the dictionary. If it’s accepted, your word will be published on collinsdictionary.com within a few weeks. I have submitted the word ‘nom’ as a word to express enjoyment of a meal on twitter. Yes, it hasn’t been added yet! There seems to be some precedent with ‘vom’ as another recent addition to the Collins Dictionary. In a few days, Collins editors will let us know whether the word ‘nom’ has been successfully accepted.